This is part of the Workshop here.
ATTENTION EclipseCon Tutorial participants: because of some trouble with Helios M6 Updatesites (see my blog here) and also, that there’s no WLAN in the Grand Ballroom, we’re working on a solution to have all available from a local updatesite you can copy from USB sticks available at the Tutorial. Perhaps we also publish the site online to download them before the Tutorial starts. Follow @ekkescorner on twitter to get noticed. But you should download Helios SDK M6 for your OS.
red-open modeling installation
We need a special Eclipse Installation to work with redView Models and MetaModels. We’ll generate redView View models and code into the redView Example Installation (generating SWT View Examples) and also into the Riena RT Installation (generating UI + Navigation for Riena RCP Apps)
Install SDK (or EPP – Modeling)
Download Eclipse Helios (M6 or greater) SDK, unzip in a folder you like.
You can also download EPP M6 for Modeling if available – then the fetching of missing dependencies will be faster 😉
Now edit the eclipse.ini to change the memory allocation.
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xms256m -Xmx768m
If you downloaded from Eclipse EPP then perhaps the memory is already increased.
Start Eclipse and select a new Workspace at a Location you like. (Hint: we need sometimes the path to the workspace, so it’s a good idea to choose a location with a short path like /mydisk/work/redopen)
Go to Preferences and edit the Encoding to UTF-8:
Install new Software into IDE
We need some features and plug-ins – thanks to Eclipse Software Sites this is easy done. Please add all these Software Sites:
- Helios SDK (IDE)
- XML Editors and Tools
- Software Site ekkes-corner (http://ekkes-updates.de/ekkes-corner)
- Software Sites for oaw (MWE, Xpand/Xtend, Xtext)
- nightly builds MWE (http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/mwe/updates/nightly/)
- nightly builds Xpand (http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/m2t/xpand/updates/nightly/)
- nightly builds Xtext (http://download.itemis.com/updates/nightly)
- Software Site red-open (http://ekkes-updates.de/red-open)
- red-open cartridges and utilities
- Software Site Unicase (EMFStore) (http://unicase.googlecode.com/svn/updatesite/emfstoreNightly)
- we only need the metamodel
- Software Site redView (http://ekkes-updates.de/redview)
- we only need the meta-model
Your Updatesites should look like this:
Hint: You don’t have to select from all these Sites – they only must be available – the rest will be done by P2 from the red-open Software Site:
please select from red-open:
- all Cartridges, Utilities, Workflows (coming soon)
- red-open Dependencies
Install and let P2 find all the needed parts 🙂
…to be continued….